Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) is a 3D printing process that uses additive manufacturing technology to produce metal prototypes and production parts. DMLS prints metal parts by sintering various metal and alloy particles together. Sintering is when small particles are bound to each other in a temperature that is lower than the melting temperature in the same way how ice cubes are bound to each other when put together without melting them first.
Due to the parameters of CNC machining, all features of complex geometry parts may not be machined. Features like cavities or undercuts may not be able to be machined in traditional CNC machining. Since the DMLS process sinters powdered metal together layer by layer, many complex features can now be produced.
The key to DMLS future is in rapid printing, strength and availability of material. The cost of a DMLS printer is too high to make it available to small and mid-size companies. Tecnica is introducing the optimum printer; Optima by Tecnica, Inc. The Optima 3D DMLS printer gives you the best value per cost. The Optima printer prints in a resolution better than 0.07 mm over a print volume of 400 mm x 400 mm x 300 mm, making it the best printer for its class.
Tecnica has improved the process in which the laser beam is controlled by incorporating optimal hardware and software adjustments on the fly for the laser beam and bed position. This patent pending technology compensates for equipment deviations and takes into account environmental changes such as temperature, pressure, humidity and more.
- Prints 4X faster than its peers
- Feeding cartridge is used to handle multiple material.
- Prints material as Aluminum, Fe, Fe-0.8C, Fe-4Cu, Fe–0.8C–4Cu–0.4P 316L, M2 (tungsten–molybdenum), M35 ( tungsten–molybdenum-cobalt), Titanium, Nylon and more.
- The optima is using a high powered laser controlled by patented process surpassing printing speed by more than 4X of other 3D printers in the market.
- Saves print material by providing an option to chose your print bed ( 75×75 mm or 300×400 mm)
- By using a three case design and a removable print bed case, recycling of powder and retrieving of the printed models makes it easy and quick.
- The optima is can ship with UPS using two packages
- The optima monitors oxygen, argon, powder, nylon, temperature, pressure at all times.
The illustration above is a partial inside look of the optima printer. Tecnica reserves the right to change the design and specification at any time.
Tecnica, Inc. Team